Friday, January 7, 2011

Kimchi 2000

Happy new year! I drew up a new header for the ol' bloggidy boo. Like? On paper it looked pretty cool and clean, but after scanning and uploading to the website, it looks kind of scrappy in comparison. Oh well, maybe I just need to break it in a little.

So I hear that Korean food is predicted to be a food trend for 2011. I don't know much about trends, but I do know that Korean food is damn good. At least, the Korean food that's on offer in this city. That is, bibimbap, tofu stew, japchae, and pork bone soup, kalbi and bulgogi for meat eaters.

Kimchi, of course, is the one of the most Korean well-known (side) dishes. For me, buying kimchi in Toronto can be hit-and-miss, until one of my work friends clued me into Kimchi Canada Farm. Their kimchi is not only the best that I've ever tasted, but its also locally grown and made in the nearby town of Newmarket. Yippeee!

A 3 litre tub of cabbage kimchi from Kimchi Canada Farm will set you back only $11, and will last you weeks. Kimchi is also said to have many health benefits, including improving digestive health. You can even use the leftover liquid and make kimchi martinis at your next cocktail party. Sounds questionable at best, but I heard first-hand that it's mm-mm-good.

So eat your kimchi with pride, you trendsetter. Just don't breathe on me after you do.

5 comments:

Nelson said...

I think it looks pretty cool.

Sheldon said...

The new header is really nice. Thanks for the tip on where to buy good kimchi. You know I love some good kimchi. ;)

Minda said...

Thanks Nelson and Sheldon!

PS. The guy who made the kimchitini expressed interest in getting credit for inventing the drink. It was about 1 part kimchi juice, 1 part vodka.

Dina said...

Hey there Minda!

I have never tried Kimchi before but I would love to try the best Kimchi for my first time.

Do you think I can find the Kimchi Canada Farm brand at the T & T Supermarkets chain??

The Shoe Chef said...

Hi Minda,
I'm so glad to land on your blog. Can you tell me where you were able to purchase the kimchi from Kimchi Canada Farm? I can't seem to locate which stores has it for sale except for Sanko (a Japanese store downtown). Thanks! - Linda