Thursday, June 17, 2010

Garden Update: mid-June

For the most part, the garden has never looked better. The plants continue to look healthy and strong. But for some reason, the onion seeds never sprouted. I tried several succession plantings, but nada. So I planted dill seeds in that spot. Also nada. Very strange.



















Photo (L): the left side of the balcony continues to be the most prolific area. Probably because it gets the most sun. Grown here are cilandro, basil, tomatoes, mint, dill, cucumbers and pole beans.
Photo (R): a continuation of the left side. Leafy beets and leafy nastursium. A sign that the soil is too rich is the absence of nastursium flowers. One pot shows no sign of growth, that was garlic planted last year. I have since planted sunflower seeds for sprouts in that spot.




















Photo (L): the right side of the balcony. Arugula has flowered, and I've been too lazy to cut it down. Maybe I'll save the seeds. Small kale and chard plants in the rectangular planter, and large kale, mustard and chive plants in the far pot.
Photo (R): a collection of things on the patio table, including a bushy silver thyme plant, and hens-and-chicks I got from my Dad. It is the only inedible plant I'm growing.

No comments: